The "City of Kennedy" ("City") has the responsibility of keeping all public City roadways free and clear of snow obstructions. Due to the overwhelming demand on City maintenance to remove snow from areas in addition to City property, the following "Snow Removal Policy" ("Policy") has been implemented. Per the City council, these items are listed in order of importance.
- The Kennedy Fire Hall and First Street will have snow removed first.
- All City streets will be plowed and cleaned after the Fire Hall and First Street is completed.
- In the event of a medical emergency requiring an ambulance, the City will remove all snow necessary to accommodate the emergency response vehicles access to the emergency location.
- The City attempts to have most City streets open prior to the morning commute. Therefore, if in that process any snow has been pushed into a private drive, it is the responsibility of the property owner/occupant to move that snow. DO NOT move snow back onto City streets.
- Alleys will be completed after City streets and before any commercial or private lots and driveways.
- Commercial property owners that have approached the council for snow removal services, agree to pay the rate of $50.00 per hour, with hours accruing each month. Commercial owners will receive a monthly statement from the City. Removal rates will be reviewed annually and are subject to change. Commercial property will be cleared by the City in the order their requests were approved.
- Residents are encouraged to obtain their own means of snow removal. However, in cases where residential property owners request occasional snow removal services from the City, these residents agree to pay the rate of $50.00 per incident. Residential owners will be billed for snow removal services on their monthly water bill. Removal rates will be reviewed annually and are subject to change. Residential properties will be cleared by the City, provided the City has the resources required to meet these private requests, in the order in which the requests were received.
Rev. February 8, 2010