The following policy outlines meeting attendance requirements, salary rates, and reimbursements.
Regular & Special Meetings
- Regular Meetings shall constitute the monthly meetings held in accordance to ordinance. One monthly meeting is held each month within the city limits of the "City of Kennedy" ("City").
- Special Meetings are those meetings of specific and special purpose, such as the Board of Review and the Annual Budget Meeting. Special meetings may be called at any time. Special meetings are held to the same location, public notice and quorum requirements as regularly scheduled meetings.
- Salary Rates for each monthly meeting and special meeting is set at $35 per meeting, for each council member in attendance, and $50 per meeting for mayor attendance.
- Mileage is not paid for regular monthly meetings or special meetings.
- Payment for meetings attended January through June will be made on June 30 of each year, and payment will be made on December 31 of each year for meetings attended July through December. Council review and approval is required for council salary payment.
- Committee Meetings are those appointed meetings where a council committee member represents the City. The committee appointments are made at the Annual Meeting in January and are stated in each year's January minutes.
- Salary Rates for committee meetings are $25 for each council committee member in attendance. This amount is limited to one meeting per month, per committee.
- Mileage will be reimbursed at the IRS rate for out of City travel to and from committee meetings. This amount is limited to one meeting per month, per committee.
- Payment for committee meeting attendance will be made twice a year, on the same payment schedule as regular and special meeting payment. Council review and approval is required for council committee salary payment.
- Participation levels in committee activities is a personal decision. It is the City’s viewpoint that it should be the responsibility of the committee to provide any remuneration for additional meetings or subcommittees thereof.
- Salary is Optional, at the committee members discretion, for meeting attendance of appointed positions. An area of interest may become a passion for one person and they may so choose to use personal time and resources to pursue that interest.