The "City of Kennedy" ("City") prohibits the possession or use of keg beer or quantities of beer over 48 12-ounce containers on any City-owned property unless a written "Group Picnic Reservation" and "Consumption Permit" have been obtained from the City council in advance of the event.
Consumption Permit Rules
- An Application for Consumption Permit (see below) must be completed and submitted to the City council.
- Upon council approval of the application, a $100 Consumption Permit Fee must be paid to the City.
- Kittson County Sheriff’s Department must be notified prior to the date of the event.
- The beer must be provided by the organization, group, or person hosting the activity or event and holding the Consumption Permit.
- Unless a liquor license has been obtained from the City council, the sale of alcoholic beverages, including beer, is not allowed, and no compensation of any nature may be exchanged. This includes donations, advance ticket sales and tips.
- All parties consuming alcoholic beverages must conform to all City and State liquor laws.
- The consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages on City property is prohibited between the hours of 12:00 AM – 10:00 AM.
- No refuse or trash shall be left anywhere on the grounds.
- Upon a satisfactory inspection of property after the event, a $50 refund will be made.
Application for Consumption Permit
Applicant/Responsible Person: _______________________________________________
Full Address: _____________________________________________________________
Home Phone: ________________________ Work Phone: _________________________
Approximate Number of Attendees: ___________________________________________
Date of Event: __________________________ Time: ___________ To: ______________
Additional Comments: ______________________________________________________
By signing this application form, I am acknowledging on behalf of myself and my organization or group that the use of the property owned by the City of Kennedy carries a risk of personal injury. The participants RELEASE AND DISCHARGE the "City of Kennedy" ("Released Party"), and their agents and employees, from liability for injuries, or damages, including any losses CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY of the Released Parties. The participants agree not to sue or make claim against those agencies and agree to hold them harmless and indemnify them from all claims and suits that may be brought as a result of use of these facilities.
Applicants Signature: _______________________________________________________
Accepted by City Council on (date): _______________________ Permit Paid: __________